At Cisco, we make social investments in areas where we believe our technology and our people can make the biggest impact--education, economic empowerment, and critical human needs. Together, these investment areas help people overcome barriers of poverty and inequality, and make a lasting difference by fostering strong global communities
Cisco supports the creation and deployment of technology-based solutions and education delivery models that improve student performance and engagement. We support K-8 programs that focus on science, technology, engineering, and math (STEM) studies, and secondary and higher education programs related to technology, engineering, and math. What we look for:
- Innovative solutions to increase the capacity of grantees to deliver, administer, and track education development more effectively and efficiently.
- Tools which increase the availability of, or improve access to, products or services for curriculum development, student-centricity, teacher development, and parental participation.
- Programs for underserved populations and students at greatest risk of dropping out.
- Note: Cisco does not provide direct funding to schools.
Learn more about our community partners and CSR programs in Access to Education.
Cisco's strategy is to encourage employment success, entrepreneurship, and long-term self-sufficiency by providing access to skills, knowledge, and financial products and services via technology-based solutions. What we look for:
- Programs for underserved populations transitioning from education to workforce or re-entry to workforce.
- Solutions that facilitate widespread and equitable access to resources needed to achieve economic self-sufficiency and participate in local socio-economic development.
- Tools which increase the reach, efficiency, sustainability, transparency and social impact of microfinance institutions to provide more access to financial products and services.
- Initiatives that support knowledge access and technical and leadership skills development to equip people for the workforce and to make informed decisions for their families.
Learn more about our community partners and CSR programs in Economic Empowerment.
Cisco seeks to help overcome the cycle of poverty and dependence through strategic investments in organizations that successfully address basic needs of underserved communities. We believe that children who have good health and a place to call home are better equipped to learn. What we look for:
- Innovative solutions to increase the capacity of grantees to deliver their products and services more effectively and efficiently.
- Design and implementation of web-based tools which increase the availability of, or improve access to, products and services that are necessary for people to survive and thrive.
- Programs that provide clean water, food, shelter, disaster response and other essential prerequisites to self-sufficiency.
- Note: By policy, relief campaigns respond to significant natural disaster and humanitarian crises as opposed to those caused by human conflict.
Learn more about our community partners and CSR programs in Critical Human Needs.